Help: CDC WREN IV on a Sun 3/60

franck boissiere boissier at irisa.irisa.fr
Thu Aug 3 01:27:26 AEST 1989

I tried to put a CDC WREN IV disk on a Sun 3/60 running SunOS 3.4, and
while restoring filesystems on it I got the following error messages:

siintr: spurious phase: csr 40f cbsr 51 (UNSPEC) cdr 6 mr fd bsr 8 tcr 4 ser 80
siintr: spurious interrupt: csr 40f cbsr 51 (UNSPEC) cdr 6 mr fd bsr 8 tcr 4 ser 80

and the process acessing the disk got stuck. So am I.

The disk was formatted on another Sun using an Emulex controller, BUT when
I ran dkinfo it found an Adaptec controller??

I tried reformatting using both controllers, and I got the same error
messages.  This error messages come after using the disk for a while.

Did anybody encounter the same problems?  Is there a turn-around?

Thanks in advance for any help.

Franck

Franck BOISSIERE                        boissier at irisa.irisa.fr
Prototyping Lab Manager                 boissier at ccettix.UUCP
C.C.E.T.T.   B.P. 59                    boissier%irisa.irisa.fr at uunet.uu.net
35512 CESSON SEVIGNE CEDEX  FRANCE