Short Summary of CD-ROM systems for Suns

Herb Barad barad at BOURBON.EE.TULANE.EDU
Fri Aug 11 09:40:07 AEST 1989

Short summary of reponses from CD-ROM inquiry:

I only found two companies (so far) who sell complete systems for Suns (by
complete I mean all h/w and s/w).  They are

Delta Microsystems	(415) 449-6881
Young Minds		(714) 335-1350

The CD-ROM from Delta looks very good and a lot of people recommended
it.  However, it was a bit pricy:
	list = $2825	educational = $2595

Young Minds sells a Toshiba unit.  I only got one response regarding
the Toshiba unit, but I thought I would give them a call.  Their price
is much more reasonable, but I can't compare since I don't have specs
in front of me:
	list = $1600	educational = $1280

I ordered the Toshiba unit.

Disclaimer: I have nothing to do with either vendor or sales unit.
Herb Barad	[Signal & Image Processing Laboratory]
		[Electrical Engineering Dept. - Tulane Univ.]
INTERNET:	barad at bourbon.ee.tulane.edu
USENET:		barad at bourbon.uucp