Adding Memory to 3/60 or 3/80

Gerry Lachac dialogic!gerry at uunet.uu.net
Thu Aug 3 01:56:26 AEST 1989

The Situation:

We just installed a 3/60 as a small fileserver.  We ordered 4 extra megs
from our supplier who graciously gave us a "price break" from $2500 to
$1500, installation included.

We received the memory a week before its due to be installed.  Being the
curious sort, I wanted to look at the "memory board" and I found out that
it was 4 1-meg SIMMs (80 ns).  At $1500?  Is there something special about
them?  (Prices in back of PCweek list the same SIMMs for $190 each)

I am thinking of returning them and buying SIMM's on my own. It would be
alot cheaper.  Does anyone see any problems with this?  Is it the same for
3/80's as well?  We plan to get those in soon as well.

As far as I can tell you drop the SIMMs in (4 meg increments) and move
a jumper (same as ethernet jumper).  Am I on the right track?

uunet!dialogic!gerry   | 			   |	Dialogic Corporation
	OR	       |  			   |	129 Littleton Rd
gerry at dialogic.UUCP    |			   |	Parsippany, NJ 07054