Underscore at bottom of screen

Roy Smith roy%phri at uunet.uu.net
Thu Aug 3 00:16:34 AEST 1989

Sometime during the past few weeks, something strange happend with my
selection service.  The first I noticed, all my selections, instead of
being in reverse video, came out on the screen as underlines, and I
couldn't "Get" them.  I never use secondary selections, but I gather that
is what I was getting.  I ended up rebooting my machine and it went back
to normal.  A good experiment would have been to just kill the selection
service process and start it up again, but I didn't think of it in time.

Anyway, now I have in the lower-left corner of one of my windows (always
the same one, a full-height shelltool I use most of the time) an
underscore.  Whatever character is in the lower-left corner is underlined.
It doesn't seem to bother anything, but it is annoying.  I had been
playing with defaultsedit, so it's obvious that I must have changed
something, but I can't figure out what.  Any guesses which option I might
have toggled?

455 First Avenue, New York, NY 10016
{att,philabs,cmcl2,rutgers,hombre}!phri!roy -or- roy at alanine.phri.nyu.edu
"The connector is the network"