Underscore at bottom of screen

Jay Williamson jaysun at eng.clemson.edu
Tue Aug 22 07:49:56 AEST 1989

In article <783 at brazos.Rice.edu> roy%phri at uunet.uu.net (Roy Smith) writes:

>Sometime during the past few weeks, something strange happend with my
>selection service.  The first I noticed, all my selections, instead of
>being in reverse video, came out on the screen as underlines, and I
>couldn't "Get" them.  I never use secondary selections, but I gather that
>is what I was getting.  I ended up rebooting my machine and it went back
>to normal.  A good experiment would have been to just kill the selection
>service process and start it up again, but I didn't think of it in time.
>Roy Smith, Public Health Research Institute
>455 First Avenue, New York, NY 10016
>{att,philabs,cmcl2,rutgers,hombre}!phri!roy -or- roy at alanine.phri.nyu.edu
>"The connector is the network"

I have had the same problem before and rebooting always worked but I
finally got curious enough to start pressing buttons and the L9 button
toggled it back to reverse video. (type 3 keyboard) Hope this helps.

Jay Williamson            Engineering Computer Operations
jaysun at eng.clemson.edu    Clemson University
|  "A conclusion is the place were you got tired          |
|        of thinking."                                    |
|                                 --Arthur Block          |
Jay Williamson    <jaysun at eng.clemson.edu>