problems with make under 4.xx

Tom Jarmolowski JARMOLOWSKI%ESDSDF.decnet at crdgw1.ge.com
Thu Aug 17 06:54:00 AEST 1989

We are having intermitant problems with make on SUN 4s runnig OS 4.xx.
Every now and then make will fail and issue the following message:

	sh: 15691 Memory fault
	*** Error code 139
	make: Fatal error: Command failed for target `install'

This will happen consistantly for a while (on a particular directory) and
then go away.  Changing the list of files managed by the makefile will
usually make the error go away. It dosen't seem to matter if you make the
list longer or shorter, either will change the behaviour.

On our sun 3 systems with the same OS rev we do NOT see this problems.
Does anyonme know the solution to this problem ?

				Tom Jarmolowski
				jarmolowski%esdsdf.decnet at crd.ge.com