X terminals and system resources

dinah at krebs.bcm.tmc.edu dinah at krebs.bcm.tmc.edu
Fri Aug 18 06:19:28 AEST 1989

We are wanting to hang quite a few X terminals off our Sun/Solbourne file
servers. I am curious to know what other folks are doing, specifically:

1) How many terminals are you running off a single host
2) The nature of the applications you are running
3) Host configuration (memory, cpu type, etc.)

One of the big questions is does it really make sense to use X terminals
when we can get workstations so cheaply? It should be cheaper to use X
terminals, but if you have to have a high ratio of servers to X terminals,
it may not be so cheap!

I can post a summary if any one is interested.

Dinah Anderson					 internet: dinah at bcm.tmc.edu
Baylor College of Medicine	           uucp: {rutgers,mailrus}!bcm!dinah