Problems with Fujitsu M2246E under Sun_OS 4.0.3

Matthias Bokel mattes at cadlab.unido
Wed Aug 30 19:09:21 AEST 1989

There arises a problem caused by updating Sun_OS 3.0 to Sun_OS 4.0.3 .
After doing this we can't format our disk. We want to format the disk with
following Parameters :

    817 cylinders , 2 alternates

This is impossible and the error occurs by writing back the bad block list
and the label on the last two cylinders. We got some hints to solve this
problem by decreasing the numbers of the cylinders, this has no effect.

The disk is a  Fujitsu M2246E and it seems to be a special problem of this
disk.

	Thanks for hints and proved solutions

Mailadress :  mattes at cadlab.uucp
	      mattes at cadlab.unido