System mailboxes corruption under 4.0.1 ??

Eric Ho eho at cognito.princeton.edu
Wed Aug 2 11:32:37 AEST 1989

Does anyone out there experiencing system mailboxes getting corrupted
under OS 4.0.1 ?   From time to time, messages in our system mailboxes
either got "bitten" in half or got overwritten entirely and when this
happens, almost all the times, I saw a bunch of strange null chars in the
mailbox (using Emacs).  /var/spool/mail resides on the mailserver's local
disk and other clients just nfs-mount that partition from the mailserver.
The mailserver is also acting as a fileserver/terminal-server.  All
incoming/outgoing mail goes thro' this mailserver.

Any pointers will be much appreciated.

Eric Ho
Cognitive Science Lab.,		Princeton University
voice = 609-987-2819 (x2987)	email = eho at confidence.princeton.edu
					eho at bogey.princeton.edu
regards.

-eric-