Wanted: PD SAS Clone

Dan Fox fox at skink.ino.ucar.edu
Wed Aug 2 08:10:58 AEST 1989

No doubt something as vast and fantastic as SAS won't be available in
public-domain clone form, but are there subsets (particularly for Sun
workstations)?  I'm looking for a graphical statistical analysis workbench
that can compute basic statistics, do curve fitting, line and contour
plotting, spectral analysis, etc, etc.  Not too much to ask, right?  Also,
I've seen articles reference Maple as if it is a PD version of
Mathematica.  Is is PD or shareware?  If so, where could it be retrieved?
Thanks...