Dataless Client Swap, post upgrade

Frank Heath earth!heath%sunkist.West at sun.com
Sat Aug 12 07:57:27 AEST 1989

I recently did an upgrade of a Dataless client from 4.0 to 4.0.3.  The
system has a local SCSI drive for root, swap and /usr.  The server was
already 4.0.3.  The example on page 164 of the "Installing the SunOS
4.0.3" manual indicates you can setup_client using 16K for swap space.
This WILL NOT work! It must be 16M. In retrospect, 16M makes sense but the
first time through I didn't know any better, so much for RTFM.

Following that everything went slowly but OK.

My question is, I now have  16M of swap allocated on my server which I no
longer need (I am swapping to SCSI) and I don't know how to free it? The
setup_client doesn't appear to have a 0K option.

Thanks in advance.

Frank S. Heath
Rockwell SPD
4311 Jamboree Road