QMS-PS 810 on a serial port

Robert Claeson mcvax!maxim!prc at uunet.uu.net
Wed Feb 22 22:39:08 AEST 1989

In article <205 at uwila.cfht.hawaii.edu>, sysrick at cfht.cfht.hawaii.edu writes:

> We have been using a QMS-PS 810 on a Sun 4/280 for a few months now....
> We have had 3 major problems with this configuration;
> 1. initially any print job would generate a timeout 30 seconds after
> ending...

The infinite timeout should not be needed on a well-behaved printer, but
the ^D's must be there, I think.

> 2. if a job runs out of paper and it is not refilled within 60 seconds
>    then the rest of the job is generally lost

Ouch!

> 3. we still get occassional "unrecognized command, flushing to end of
>    job messages"

Has anyone experienced the same or similar problems as those above with
other PostScript printers?

Robert Claeson, ERBE DATA AB, P.O. Box 77, S-175 22 Jarfalla, Sweden
"No problems." -- Alf
Tel: +46 758-202 50  EUnet:    rclaeson at ERBE.SE  uucp:   uunet!erbe.se!rclaeson
Fax: +46 758-197 20  Internet: rclaeson at ERBE.SE  BITNET: rclaeson at ERBE.SE