in.rshd problems

VIJAY at ITIVAX.BITNET VIJAY at ITIVAX.BITNET
Sun Feb 19 16:09:58 AEST 1989

>I have
>seen people locally use "rsh" merely to start an interactive login to
>another host, as in simply "rsh titan".  This is a good reason to use
>"rlogin" for these cases instead.  --wnl

Question: I have host names defined as links to rsh. My users frequently
invoke remote sessions by just typing the host name. Does this mean that
they are also just using gargantuan rsh to start remote sessions?

[[ No, ignore that.  It was wrong.  "rsh" the client sees that there is no
command and just exec's "rlogin" the client.  "rlogin" the client contacts
"rlogind" the server.  The program that requires all the bss is "rshd",
the server, which never enters into this picture.  --wnl ]]