Disk for 3/50s and/or 3/160?

Frank W. Peters peters at cc.msstate.edu
Wed Feb 22 17:16:16 AEST 1989

Hello,

We are currently looking into the purchase of a local disk for one of our
diskless 3/50s.  We would like to get 300 to 500 meg or so.  Does anyone
have any recommendation of a good third party drive in this size range (or
horror stories about one we should NOT get)?

Another,related, question:  The project for which we are buying this disk
is temporary.  We would like, if possible, to be able to attach the disk
to a server (probably a 3/160) after completion of the project.  Can a
disk made for the external SCSI connector on a 3/50 be connected to the
internal connector of the 3/160 (sun claims not) and if not, why?

It would probably be best to send recommendations to me directly.  I'll
post a list to sun-spots if the interest warrents.  Thanks in advance for
your help.

	Frank Peters

Systems Programmer                 |   Mississippi State University
Phone:    (601) 325-2942           |   Computing Center and Services
Internet:  peters at CC.MsState.Edu   |   Post Office Drawer CC
BITNET:    PETERS at MSSTATE.BITNET   |   Mississippi State, MS.  39759