Problem with interfacing YP and BIND

Everett F. Batey II elroy!suned1!efb at ames.arc.nasa.gov
Thu Feb 9 11:17:06 AEST 1989

jjb at zeus.cs.wayne.edu (Jon J. Brewster) writes:
>In v7n111, Mark Prior writes:
>>I am trying to get YP to talk to Bind and of course it doesn't work!
>>We are not connected to the DDN Internet [ yes I know it's not a supported

Neither is my VMS MicroVAX running Twg's 3.2 TCP which allows me, I guess,
to be a master server ON MY DISCONNECTED Internet.  I load from my hosts
file and named.(wildcard) files, or just the later.  Haven't figured it
all out yet, BUT it works .. come on Sun .. you can too.

>One problem you'll surely run into is that the BIND software wants to talk
>to a root server as it starts up.  Without a DDN connection, that will
>fail, of course.

>Another problem, which we see here when the DDN connection goes down,

Have no internet connect ..

Looking clues from successful SunOS_3.3 ( YP with BIND (named) ), seems
not to even answer requests from my tcp servers ..

           The_Main_User (So Calif SunLUG | Vta-SB-SLO-DECUS)
    efb at elroy.JPL.Nasa.Gov sun!tsunami!suned1!efb efbatey at nswses.arpa