raster images wanted

Tad Guy tadguy at cs.odu.edu
Thu Feb 23 11:50:47 AEST 1989

In article <3648 at cbnews.ATT.COM>, subra at cbnews.att.com (R. Subramanian) writes:
>I am interested in getting some raster images for sun. I have heard of the
>existence of a node from which I can ftp the stuff.  Does anybody know the
>identity of this node?

You probably want the Poskanzer Bitmap Collection which is available via
anonymous ftp from EXPO.LCS.MIT.EDU [18.30.0.212] in
/contrib/poskbitmaptars.  It's HUGE -- only transfer this at night.

The bitmaps are stored in X11 bitmap format, so if you're not using the X
Window System, you'll also want to get /contrib/pbm.tar.Z which will allow
you to convert them to Sun Rasterfile format (as well as a variety of
other formats).

Unless I missed some, all these images are monochrome.

Don't forget to use binary mode!

	...tad

--
Tad Guy         <tadguy at cs.odu.edu>     Old Dominion University, Norfolk, VA