customizing labels for cmdtool icons?

karl on spruce karl at spruce.gsfc.nasa.gov
Wed Feb 8 05:15:16 AEST 1989

I often rlogin to other machines in cmdtool windows, then keep the windows
closed until I need to work on a remote machine.  Can anyone tell me how
to label the cmdtool icon with the remote host name?  In .suntools (I am
running SunOS 3.5) one can specify an icon label as a string, with the -WL
option.  Can one use the value of an environment variable (e.g. host) as
the string for -WL, and if so, what is the syntax?  I'm revealing my
ignorance of C-shell programming and other basic Sun skills here.  Please
reply to me directly, and I'll post to the net.

Karl Anderson
NASA/Goddard
karl at spruce.gsfc.nasa.gov