Rlogin in a shelltool or a cmdtool problems (OS4

Danielle Heinzer ESC1298 at ESOC.BITNET
Wed Feb 8 05:35:26 AEST 1989

Hi,

I have the following network:
     - 1 Sun 3/260 file server for 3 Sun 3/60s, all running SunOS4.0,
     - 1 Sun 3/160 file server for 1 Sun 3/50, all running SunOS3.2.

I am used to work on the Sun3/50, using rlogin to operate on the other
stations (this ws is in my office).

The file servers are never rebooted (except for new configuration).

Since one week, I have observed the following: I cannot rlogin the Sun
3/260 file server in a shelltool from my Sun3/50. I see the motd and the
prompter of the remote file server, but I cannot enter anything, The tool
stays hanging.  I have tried to rlogin in a cmdtool from my Sun3/50, and
that works.

Then I have tried to rlogin from the clients (Sun3/60s), I can neither
rlogin in a shelltool nor in a cmdtool.  On the file server itself, I can
work normally in a shelltool and a cmdtool (I couln't work once in a
shelltool, but I cannot reproduce it).

I have called Hotline Germany two days ago, I don't have yet any answer.
Any idea ? Did you already have this problem ?

Regards,

Danielle Heinzer
ESA Computer Department/Computer Services
European Space Operations Centre
Robert-Bosch-str. 5
6100 Darmstadt
West-Germany