rlogins hanging under 4.0

Mike Siedelberg siedelbe at stout.ucar.edu
Thu Feb 23 23:04:00 AEST 1989

I also have had this happen to a few of my sun 4s running 4.0 and other
sysmgrs at NCAR have mentioned it too.  It has always happened when a user
has left background processes running after logout.  The process seems
like it doesn't want to release the ttypx and as you say, the workaround
is to leave the rlogin process going and then rlogin on another pseudo
tty.  Also Sun says they cannot dupicate it.  Maybe we should gang up on
Sun :-).  I think I will at least call them back and say that I am not the
only one out here experiencing this prob.

mike siedelberg
Research Applications Program
Field Systems Group
Boulder, Co 80303