4.0 non problems

bh at cs.brown.edu bh at cs.brown.edu
Thu Feb 23 22:43:49 AEST 1989

We've been using SunOS 4.0 on a network of 40+ diskless 3/60s, and 40+
disked sun3s and sun4s of all types (3/60, 3/75, 4/110, 4/260) all served
by 4 4/280s serving 600 users for over 6 months in a CS
instructional/research setting.

We have Sun supplied products only (yup, that means 451's on the 4/280s).

This includes sendmail.mx, named, 4 subnets, mixed vendor network (IBM RT,
DEC MVAXen II's and III'3, Stellar, HP 800, Mac II, Encore Annex, Imagen,
DEC Delni).

	EVERYTHING WORKS JUST DANDY

:-)

Bent

[[ Yeah, but, are any of your machines confined to 4 megabytes?  And the
Imagen stuff really works?  You're using Imagen's Unix host software?
Because I found a big bug in their stuff that 4.0 tickled on a regular
basis.  Perhaps you have a newer version.  --wnl ]]