3/50 upgrade product announcement from Sun

Gary A. Cattelino felix!arcturus!gary at hplabs.hp.com
Sat Feb 4 01:45:02 AEST 1989

In article <2495 at kalliope.rice.edu>, phil at Rice.edu (William LeFebvre) writes:
> PRODUCT ANNOUNCEMENT   3/50 Upgrade
> Only the flat-top 3/50 versions are upgradable. This version has been

Too bad.  I have dimple-top Sun 3/50's.

> 2. What do I get with the upgrade?
>    The upgrades for the flat-top offer the exchange of the 3/50 CPU board
>    for the 3/60 CPU.  Also included is the installation documentation and
>    3/60 feature tape.

Hmmm.  I suspect the upgrade involves more than just replacing the CPU.
If replacing the CPU is all that's required, then why isn't the upgrade
offered for dimple-top models?  I think Sun plans to swap the entire base
box with a new one.  By swaping the whole box, you then get the proper
power supply to go with your new Sun 3/60.

--
      Gary A. Cattelino               Rockwell International
      sun!sunkist!arcturus!gary       gary at arcturus.UUCP