4.0.1 on 4 meg machines

Chuck Musciano chuck at trantor.harris-atd.com
Fri Feb 3 21:22:45 AEST 1989

ut-emx!emx!clyde at cs.utexas.edu (Head UNIX Hacquer) writes:
>Pain is running 4.X on a Sun 2!  Yes, unfortunately we have two 5 MB 2/50s
>running 4.0.1.  Working on them is more like Swine Science than Computer
>Science.

In defense of pigs, they are not slow (or stupid) animals.  When something
"runs like a pig", it is moving pretty fast.  Pigs are among the smartest
of animals, and they are also neat animals.  They wallow in mud to keep
their skin from sunburning, not because they like dirt.  Perhaps "runs
like a sloth" is more appropriate, although it doesn't roll off the tongue
quite as nicely.  I do like the sound of "Sloth Science", though.

Chuck Musciano
Advanced Technology Department
Harris Corporation
(407) 727-6131