what machines will Sun be announcing

Graham J Carpenter graham%ee.surrey.ac.uk at nss.cs.ucl.ac.uk
Tue Feb 28 10:27:14 AEST 1989

>we've been stalling our impending purchases of more workstations...  the
>3/50 is just too wimpy.  my guess is that Sun will announce some 68030
>based systems...  the 3/50 seems to be on the way out, at least...  i'd
>welcome speculation from any readers on what is to come...

Why put up with speculation? If you can convince your Sun salesman that
you really need the info now to make purchasing decisions he will usually
be happy to organise a presentation of soon to be announced products under
a non-disclosure agreement.

The guy who our salesman brought along last week to do the presentation
here is doing about 7 presentations a week at the moment.

>also -- i've
>heard about an April announcement...  it would be fabulous if they would
>announce swift new stuff in February, as well.  i doubt i can hold out
>until April.

There are product announcements due in April, but nothing before then as
far as I know.

Graham Carpenter - graham at ee.surrey.ac.uk
Dept of Electronic and Electrical Engineering
University of Surrey, Guildford, Surrey, GU2 5XH.