Source or info on read/write to SUN rs-232?

Perrone Ford loligo!perrone at gatech.edu
Thu Feb 23 19:01:51 AEST 1989

Does any one out there have any examples of how to read/write to the
rs-232 port on the sun.  My Instructor wants to read and write standard
ANSI chars. to the port. Do I tell him to > /dev/tta or what?..is there an
elegant method in "C" or preferably ADA ?

Thanx for your help...

Perrone Ford.

[[ It's called "/dev/ttya".  You can open it like you would a file, but
you may have to do some terminal munging to it (set the baud rate, parity,
etc.).  Read "termio(4)" and the pages it points to.  You might also want
to read "ttcompat(4M)" since that describes a BSD compatible package.  Of
course if you're running 3.x, then the manual pages you need to look at
are all different.  --wnl ]]