trouble running MS Excel on SUN 386i

Jack Shaio js07 at gte.com
Wed Feb 22 19:57:38 AEST 1989

I have just started using a sun 386i/150, and tried out the dos emulation
by loading MS Excel. Excel uses MS Windows, for which the 386i claims to
have a special driver.

The spreadsheet works well on its own, but when I tried the Excel
tutorial, the system locked up, except for the beeper which went off
continuously. After powering the system down and rebooting, the system was
trying to use port A as input device; the relevant NVRAM location said
that the system was using port A rather than the console, although this
wasn't so before. This has happened consistently when the Excel tutorial
is run (which uses most of Windows features).

I would be interested to know if anyone run Excel succesfully on a 386i.
Please email if you have. Since the manuals talk of a special new driver
for MS Windows, I assumed any Windows application would run.

	js