Sun to IBM VM Mainframe Connectivity

Otin jpfo at mbunix.mitre.org
Wed Feb 22 19:37:27 AEST 1989

We are looking at the Sun to VM connections for a group of 12-15 Sun
workstations.  We have looked at SunLink and MITEK.  What we are looking
for is a gateway or server solution, where the gateway/server is directly
connected to the IBM mainframe (via channel, coax or RS-232 attachment) on
one side and attached to a TCP/IP Ethernet on the other.

We would like to know about any solutions like this or similar and also
any comments from people on personal experiences.

Thanx for any replies.

Jean-Paul Otin
MITRE Corporation
jpfo at mbunix.mitre.org