ypprintcap?

Rick Dempster REDEMP at ksuvm.ksu.edu
Tue Feb 14 20:46:58 AEST 1989

I am a new user to SUN's networks and YP's. We have just recieved 2 SUN
386i's and already have a SUN 3/160. I have been succussful in setting up
the NFS and can rlogin in to each from any, but in setting up the printer
so anyone can use them I come up with the message "can't read yp printcap"
and when I do a "lpc restart all" I get "can't start deamon".  It seems I
am having problems with the yellow pages.  I looked for the file
ypprintcap file but couldn't find it.  Any help in getting these printers
on the network would be much appreciated. I'm running sunos4.0 on the
386i's and sunos 3.5 on the 3/160.  I'm new to the YP concept but have
read the administration manuels.

I know this is a complex problem.  Any information to help me understand
will be a great help.

Also I am attaching a NEC POSTSCRIPT laser printer to the network.  would
anyone have a printcap file that works for this printer?

	Thanks
	Rick Dempster
	USGMRL