Parity on ttya?

jfjr at mbunix.mitre.org jfjr at mbunix.mitre.org
Tue Feb 14 21:47:31 AEST 1989

I've set up a UPI data feed into sun3 serial port A (sun 3.2) all
descriptions coming say even parity 7 bit one stop bit. By default the Sun
reads even parity eight bit? How do I change that to 7 bit.

Has anybody done this - any help would bre appreciated

[[ A good place to start is the Programmer's manuals.  For SunOS 4.0 and
later, look at termio(4).  For 3.x systems (and earlier?!), look at
(...I don't have any 3.x manuals at my disposal so this is from memory...)
ioctl(4) and tty(4).  --wnl ]]

	Jerry Freedman, Jr
	jfjr at mbunix.mitre.org