ALM board, modems, and DCD problems

David Hinnant dfh at uncecs.edu
Wed Feb 8 23:26:13 AEST 1989

We have several Hayes and Telebits connected to a Sun-4/260 running 4.01
with an ALM board.  We have been unable to get Data Carrier Detect to be
sensed by the ALM board and thus kill off your session if you get bumped
off the phone line.  We have rebuilt the kernel with the appropriate flags
(0xfffc instead of 0xffff) to enable modem control on the first 4 ports,
and have "-clocal" on the desired ports.  All 4 ports use what I believe
is the appropriate minor device number for modem control.  Hupcl works OK
so when we log out normally the line drops.  So, I *think* things are
configured properly for model control, but obviously not.  Anyone else
encountered this?

David Hinnant                    UUCP: ...{decvax,akgua}!mcnc!ecsvax!dfh
Bell Northern Research           (919) 991-8299