uux() exit code 0?

tsunami!seila!don at sun.com tsunami!seila!don at sun.com
Wed Feb 8 23:06:02 AEST 1989

i was helping set up uucp on a sun 3/60 running (I think) the current
version of sunos, and have run into the following problem:  every time
uucico runs, it seems to cause a mail message with something like "uux()
exit code: 0" to be sent to root.

uucico is being invoked via crontab entries which point to the
uudemon.xxxx scripts supplied by sun; i've tried redirecting the stderr
and stdout of these script to /dev/null, but that doesn't help.

since sun's mailer seems to just queue up outgoing mail without invoking
uucico (have i got that right?) we do need to run the uudemon.hour script
hourly and thus get at least 24 of these mail messages per day, which is
highly irritating, to say the least!

i'm sure i've just got something set up wrong somewhere as sun couldn't
possibly have designed this to work that way, right? :-).  thanks in
advance for any help...

PLEASE EMAIL REPLIES TO SEILA!DON AS I DO NOT RECEIVE THIS GROUP!

- don
--
Don Kossman, SEI Information Technology, Los Angeles
  ...sun!tsunami!seila!don, -OR- mahendo.jpl.nasa.gov!jplgodo!seila!don