SunView question: positioning parts of a slider?

Mark Phillips mbp at lakisis.umd.edu
Wed Feb 8 22:45:51 AEST 1989

A slider item consists of 4 parts: the bar itself, the label, the value,
and the range (the min and max values).  Can someone tell me if it's
possible to position these four parts individually?  I can control whether
the label is above or to the left of the bar by using the PANEL_LAYOUT
attribute, but I can't seem to get the value to show up anywhere other
than to the left of the bar, or the range other than on both sides.
Ideally the layout I want is something like this:

                         Label String Here
              -------------------------------------
              |***********|                       |
              -------------------------------------
              (min)          [value]          (max)

Right now I'm experimenting with using separate message items to display
the range and value, and updating the value myself in the slider's notify
procedure.  It would be lot nicer if I could just position the various
parts of the slider individually.  Can anyone tell me how to do this?
Thanks.

Mark Phillips			  mbp at lakisis.umd.edu
Department of Mathematics     OR  mbp%lakisis.umd.edu at eneevax.umd.edu
University of Maryland	          (arpanet)
College Park, Maryland            (301) 454-2693