A conflict between sendmail and yellow pages

AARON KONSTAM AKONSTAM at TRINITY.BITNET
Wed Feb 8 22:05:29 AEST 1989

Has any one seen this problem and knows how to deal with it. We have a
3/160 with 2- diskless 3/50 clients. Tey are running Sun Os 3.5.  The
server and ypmaster is sol and the clients are venus and mercury.  Mail
works fine as long as sol is both the ypmaster and the mailhost.  But when
we try to make venus the mailhost things go array. None of the other
machines can send mail to sol. For purposes of mail venus thinks it is
both venus and sol. That is, it resolves both names to LOCAL by rule 6 it
seems. Sol can send mail to the other machines and to itself.

In all sendmail.cf files the lines:
DDvenus
CDvenus

appear. Does anyone out there know what to do. Could you send me your
answers directly and I will sumarize for the net.

AARON KONSTAM
Trinity University
715 Stadium Dr.
San Antonio, Tx 78284