Diskless client under 4.0

kelly rise stan!kelly at ames.arc.nasa.gov
Tue Feb 28 16:03:54 AEST 1989

len%rufus.math.nwu.edu at eecs.nwu.edu (Len Evens) writes:
>...I plan to repartition the disk to allow
>space for the second client, but as an interim measure I created a
>directory /home/swap (on the /home partition) and made that the swap path
>for the second client.   The client boots, but at the end of the boot
>sequence, it complains of NFS write error 13 several times and then comes
>up multiuser....

probably one of two things:
	/home	 is not exported
or	/home and /home/swap are both exported

run exportfs to check whats exported  and exportfs -a (if both are in
/etc/exports this will complain that /home/swap parent already exported)
also the client may need root access to /home/swap (-root=client[:client]
in /etc/exports)

kelly rise		pyramid!boulder!stan!kelly
			solbourne computer, inc.