Diskless client under 4.0

Brad Clark brad at nwc.arpa
Thu Feb 23 23:24:10 AEST 1989

>The client boots, but at the end of the boot sequence, it complains of
>NFS write error 13 several times and then comes up multiuser.

I had this problem when setting up a dataless 3/60 client. I solved it by
going into the /etc/exports file on the server and giving root privilege
access to the client that as going to mount the directory as swap space. I
then ran /usr/etc/exportfs -a.

	e.g. /home/swap -root=client3,access=client1:client2:client3

Don't forget that once a file system or any part thereof is exported, it
cannot be exported again. You might consider exporting all of /home.

Good luck,
Brad Clark   arpanet: clarkb at nwc.arpa