BUG in sunview?

Omar A. Karim karim at uncecs.edu
Wed Feb 15 10:34:41 AEST 1989

This may have been noticed already and  has perturbed me recently: one
cannot set 'mesg n' or 'biff y'  on windows in sunview (cmdtool). The
reason is that the tty is still owned by root.

Have I discovered a bug or created one?
Thanks
Omar A. Karim
Dept Phys, UNCW

[[ You are imagining a bug that doesn't exist.  SunView does not change
the ownership on the pseudo ttys that it opens (it usually can't).  Both
mesg and biff do their work by modifying the permission bits on the
terminal that is open on (I think) stderr.  See volume 6 issue 195 for
more details.  --wnl ]]