what machines will Sun be announcing !??!

Steve Elias eli at ursa-major.spdcc.com
Tue Feb 14 19:06:03 AEST 1989

we've been stalling our impending purchases of more workstations...  the
3/50 is just too wimpy.  my guess is that Sun will announce some 68030
based systems...  the 3/50 seems to be on the way out, at least...  i'd
welcome speculation from any readers on what is to come...  also -- i've
heard about an April announcement...  it would be fabulous if they would
announce swift new stuff in February, as well.  i doubt i can hold out
until April.

(and don't tell me to go buy 14 MIP vaxstations.  we need systems that can
run the tools and compilers that we use!  today!)

steve elias
(eli at spdcc.com)