YP question

Kerien Fitzpatrick fitz at cive.ri.cmu.edu
Wed Feb 8 22:25:40 AEST 1989

I am trying to modify the installation that I manage so that the master yp
server is on a 3/180 running sunOS 3.5 and have a slave yp server that is
running sunOS 4.0.1.  At this point the client that is supposed to boot
from the slave server manages to download the bootfile, but then hangs
responding with "le0 missed packet" and occasionally it says that the
bootparam server is not responding.

Does anyone have such a setup running?  Should I just switch things so
that the machine running 4.0.1 is the master yp server and set up the
machine running 3.5 as a slave server?  I would rather have the 3.5
machine be the master since it is a 3/180 with some CDC Saber-850s while
the 4.0.1 machine is a 3/60 with a CDC Wren V.

I plan to switch everything over to 4.0.1 after some software is upgraded,
but at this time I must run the two different software versions.

Kerien Fitzpatrick
Field Robotics Center
The Robotics Institute
Carnegie Mellon University