Diskless client under 4.0

erc3ba!wmg at att.att.com erc3ba!wmg at att.att.com
Sun Feb 19 10:46:58 AEST 1989

In article <8902031448.AA11583 at rufus.math.nwu.edu> you write:
>We are adding a 3/60 to a network served by a 3/260 (with 8M of physical
>memory and 16M of swap space for the server) which currently has one other
>diskless client....The client boots, but at the end of the boot
>sequence, it complains of NFS write error 13 several times and then comes
>up multiuser.   However, sunview is painfully slow while it works fine on
>the first client.   Does anyone have any explanations or helpful advice?

On the NFS write error 13 it has to do with the /etc/exports file.  You do
not have an entry for the client that you just added.  After making an
entry as per the man page (section 5) you must rerun /etc/exportfs.  There
is more info on exportfs(8) in section 8 of the manual.  If you have any
problems, send mail or call.

Good luck,

Bill Gilroy

William M. Gilroy - AT&T Engineering Research Center
erc3ba!wmg
(609) 639-2582	- CORNET 258