Non-Sun .. Internet .. yp .. BIND

Everett F. Batey II elroy!suned1!efb at ames.arc.nasa.gov
Fri Feb 3 22:23:17 AEST 1989

Have SunOS 3.3, 3/160S, 3/50s, 60s and have been calmly getting by for
many months with YP, simple host names in the YP domain.  We are about to
get serious and try to connect to our hosts.do.main named Internet box and
prepare for the interior ethernet to connect via a gateway to the real
world.  Have managed to muddle part way thru named from Wollongong TCP 3.2
which seems to work for the VAXes.

>From one of you who have done it, do I want to try to get named running
with YP ( a rumor they can coexist, not sure how ) and if not what do I
have to do to at least let the Suns interop with the rest of my hosts?
How do I tell hostx, it is really hostx.do.main ?  All that other stuff?

Clues beyond the RTFM, I have been thru SYSADMIN guide and the BIND Ops
Guide.  I don't feel much smarter, I understand my 3.3 Sun is more like
BSD 4.2 and I DO NOT KNOW WHAT I SHOULD BE ABLE TO DO WITH IT .. NO sample
MASTER FILES, boot, cache, local .. this should be fun .. /Ev/

--
           The_Main_User (So Calif SunLUG | Vta-SB-SLO-DECUS)
    efb at elroy.JPL.Nasa.Gov sun!tsunami!suned1!efb efbatey at nswses.arpa