Problems with printer text filter

Stephen M. Kennedy smk at cbnews.att.com
Wed Feb 8 13:19:53 AEST 1989

I've been playing with writing an "if" filter for my printer and I've been
having problems with the width argument.  No matter what I do with 'pw#nn'
in /etc/printcap, the width argument in argv[] always comes out to be
'-w0'.  On the other hand, the 'pl#nn' parameter works fine and sets the
length argument in argv[] to '-lnn'.  In fact, omitting both the pw and pl
parameters produces '... -w0 -l66 ...'--shouldn't that be '-w132'?  So,
what's going on here? I doing here?  I'm running SunOS 4.0.1, by the way.

Steve Kennedy

att!cbosgd!smk