Streams problems in 4.0 on a sun4

Craig Bishop munnari!charlie.oz.au!craig at uunet.uu.net
Wed Feb 8 12:59:43 AEST 1989

I recently read about people with a problem with "stream" errors but I
cannot find the articles which include the fixes.

The error I am getting is:

	stropen: out of streams

I have increased the NSTREAMS variable to 64, was there anything else
which should have been done.

Craig

[[ We have this very same problem.  There are other buffer sizes that need
to be adjusted as well, but there's no good guide for increasing them.  We
regularly run out of streams-related resources.  Hey SUN!  The number of
streams should be fully configurable:  buffer sizes should be based on
NSTREAM just like many other buffers in the kernel are based on MAXUSERS.
Okay?  Fixing it at 32 is not very versatile.  For those interested in
277, and volume 7 issue 5.  --wnl ]]