<exiting> process

David J. Camp david at wubios.wustl.edu
Thu Feb 23 02:01:06 AEST 1989

Spots,

Someone told me that this was discussed before, so I am sorry if this is a
duplication.  Frequently when a modem login session terminates by an
unclean method, the modem is no longer available for login.  It does not
answer the telephone.  There is a process left that owns the modem, which
says <exiting> as the command.  This process cannot be killed by the super
user.  To solve this we have been rebooting.  Is there a better solution?

-David-

Bitnet:   david at wubios.wustl               Mr. David J. Camp
Internet: david%wubios at wucs1.wustl.edu     Box 8067, Biostatistics
uucp:     uunet!wucs1!wubios!david         660 South Euclid
Washington University Medical School       Saint Louis, MO 63110