SUG tape?

Paul Matz ppgbms!paul at philabs.philips.com
Sun Feb 19 18:31:18 AEST 1989

I was told by Dave Howard at Sun that someone at Sun-Spots might know how
to get access to the source on the SUG tape that was available at the
Miami convention.  Can we order the tape, or is it available via email at
some source archive?  We are developing NeWS applications, have signed an
OEM contract with Sun, and are members of the SUG, #A2914.  [We very much
wanted to go to the convention, but could not afford the cost or time.  We
are considering attending the OEM symposium in March, however].

Also, I thought I'd ask if anyone has tips on talking to the archive-
server.  I sent a help request, and got no response at all.  Below is a
copy of the message I sent:

>> From paul Wed Feb  8 14:33:16 1989
>> To: philabs!rice.edu!archive-server
>> Subject: help

I suspect that there is some sort of problem with my return path.  Can I
manually insert a return path?  What should I check in my sendmail.cf
file?  We are a leaf node connect via uucp to philabs.  I've always
assumed that philabs builds the proper return path;  How can I verify
this?  Does the return path of this message look OK?

	Thanks for your time.
	Regards,

	Paul Matz
	PPG Biomedical Systems
	Pleasantville, NY.
	914-741-4685
	ppgbms!paul or
	ppgbms!paul at philabs.Philips.COM

[[ Philabs seems to mess up the From address of every message that gets
sent through it.  Someone there should do something about that.  This will
certainly confuse the archive server (it doesn't know who to send the
replies to).  You can specify an explicit path for the archive server with
a "path" line.  Try adding "path ppgbms!paul at philabs.philips.com" to your
requests.  --wnl ]]