Problem with interfacing YP and BIND

Mark Prior mrp%sirius.ua.OZ at uunet.uu.net
Thu Jan 19 14:38:52 AEST 1989

I am trying to get YP to talk to Bind and of course it doesn't work!

We are not connected to the DDN Internet [ yes I know it's not a supported
configuration ] but what difference should that make?

What I would like to know is -

a. Is there anyone who has make YP and Bind work together that is not
connected to the DDN Internet?

b. Is there anyone with SunOS 4.0_Export that has make it work at all.
Hopefully soon we will be connected to the DDN Internet and I would like
to find out if my problem will go way then. Since we are in Australia, we
are stuck with the Export version (unless the US DoC decides allies are
good guys too :-)).

Mark.

PS I would like to thank Sun Australia for their attempts at persuading
Sun US that non-connection to the DDN Internet isn't a good enough excuse
for it not working.

Mark Prior                              Phone : +61 8 228 5680
University Computing Services           Telex : UNIVAD AA89141
University of Adelaide                  Fax   : +61 8 224 0464
GPO Box 498 Adelaide S.AUSTRALIA 5001   ACSnet: mrp at sirius.ua.oz