Suntools background Rasterfile

Anthony A. Datri stpstn!aad at uunet.uu.net
Sat Jan 7 17:40:32 AEST 1989

tale at pawl.rpi.edu writes:
>A follow-up suggested surya.waterloo.edu (129.97.129.72) in /images/sun.
>I couldn't get there ... surya was unknown and I kept timing out on the
>numeric address.

I too got timeouts getting there, but assumed it was because of the
ponderousness of the local net where I was trying from.  I managed to get
through a couple times, most easily over the holiday, and got all the
files.  If someone wants to exchange tapes, I've got them as well as a
bunch of CMU Andrew rasters, some of which were originally sun rasters,
some of which were not.

[[ Surya's name server entry appears to be incomplete.  All it contains is
an MX record---there is no address information.  I have had no trouble
connecting to the host.  It all depends on what network you are on, which
gateways you have to use, and how loaded things are.  --wnl ]]

Anthony A. Datri @SysAdmin(Stepstone Corporation) aad at stepstone.com stpstn!aad