Fig and TransScript problems: The Solution

Juerg Wanner mcvax!owf!jw at uunet.uu.net
Thu Jan 26 17:51:16 AEST 1989

kusalik%SKLPL.USask.CA at cornellc.cit.cornell.edu writes:
>The problem however, seems to be with the header line
>  %!PS-Adobe-1.0
>For some reason if I replace this with just simply
>  %!
>the image comes out fine.

This has nothing to do with postscript but with the transcript software
which tries probably to reverse the pages if it sees the first header.

If the file starts with '%!PS-Adobe-' (I don't remember exactly how much
of this string is needed), your transcript package assumes that it
receives a conforming postscript file with appropriate comments in it
(page boundaries etc.).

Juerg Wanner