Fig and TransScript problems: The Solution

Micah Beck beck at cs.cornell.edu
Tue Jan 24 11:09:11 AEST 1989

Sergei A. Gourevitch writes:
>Our version of f2ps crashes on Sun3s running OS3.4 but runs fine on a
>SUN4.  A colleague of mine, Peter Ford  (pgf at space.mit.edu), found the
>bug: line 110 needs the word "static" added so that it reads:
>
> 	static F_compound	objects;

This is a somewhat roundabout fix to the problem that f2ps does not
intialize the F_comound structure to zero.  I suggest instead using
fig2ps, a version of f2ps which fixes this bug and has some other
extensions.  Fig2ps is part of the TransFig package which can be obtained
from svax.cs.cornell.edu via anonymous FTP in ~ftp/fig/transfig.tar.Z

While you're in that directory, you might want to check out fig-fs.tar.Z,
which is an enhanced version of Fig.

Micah Beck				beck at cs.cornell.edu
Department of Computer Science
Cornell University