4.0.1 on 4 meg machines

Head UNIX Hacquer ut-emx!emx!clyde at cs.utexas.edu
Wed Jan 18 22:28:13 AEST 1989

We run 4.0.1 on our 3/50s and 3/60s (4 MB each) and the machines are quite
usable.  Of course, we didn't run 4.0 until we them (the timing worked out
just right.  We were running 3.2 on 2/50s before, so it was a considerable
improvement to get Sun 3s.  Not that I think that 4MB is sufficent for all
time, but it is quite usable until I can squeeze money out for memory
expansion. (I'd rather replace the last of the 2/50s).

Pain is running 4.X on a Sun 2!  Yes, unfortunately we have two 5 MB 2/50s
running 4.0.1.  Working on them is more like Swine Science than Computer
Science.

	-Clyde Hoover
--
Shouter-To-Dead-Parrots @ Univ. of Texas Computation Center; Austin, Texas