4.0.1 on 4 meg machines?

Anthony A. Datri aad at stpstn.UUCP
Sat Jan 28 02:11:20 AEST 1989

ut-emx!emx!clyde at cs.utexas.edu (Head UNIX Hacquer) writes:
>Pain is running 4.X on a Sun 2!  Yes, unfortunately we have two 5 MB 2/50s
>running 4.0.1.  Working on them is more like Swine Science than Computer
>Science.

I know what you mean about 4.0 on a Sun 2.  I'm on one right now.  What
I'd like to know is how you get more than 4 meg into a 2/50 -- I thought 4
meg was the limit.

Also, which is faster, a 2/120 or a 2/50?

Anthony A. Datri @SysAdmin(Stepstone Corporation) aad at stepstone.com stpstn!aad

[[ Several companies provide memory upgrade packages for the 3/50: Helios,
Clearpoint, and (I think) Sunflower.  Sun has just recently announced its
own upgrade packages for the 3/50.  They include a 3/60-like processor
(faster clock, basically), and memory from 4 to 24 Megabytes in increments
of 4 Megabytes.  --wnl ]]