connecting PS/2 to Sun ethernet

Glenn Roberts gfr at cobra.mitre.org
Sat Jan 14 15:47:53 AEST 1989

< "...has anyone some suggestions on putting <a> PS/2 on <ethernet>?
> What I want to be able to do is to move files between my Model 80
> and my 3/160.  I have already a 3Com EtherLink/MC board installed
> and tested in my PS/2."

You don't say, but I presume you're running DOS on the Model 80, if so you
should seriously consider getting Sun's PC-NFS software.  This will let
you share the disks and printers on any Sun on the network (e.g. LPT2: on
your PS/2 could be the Sun's laser printer and drive G: on the PS/2 could
be your home directory on the Sun, etc.) You'll also get standard
necessities like telnet and ftp.  You need at least version 3.0 to support
the EtherLink/MC card. Price of PC-NFS is about $300.

- Glenn Roberts, The MITRE Corp., McLean VA (703) 883-6820
  gfr at cobra.mitre.Org